Another yearly update. This one will hopefully set up more regular updates (one per month) with additional content. The reason for that is, most of the work on this update was re factoring the old code and making it more data driven. Most of the game data can now be changed and added on the fly through .xml files.
Currently for this version saving and high-scores are disabled. Saving should be finished this week so expect an update with that soon.
Here is the version change log:
# Disabled features:
- At the moment highscore tracking, saving and loading the game is disabled
- Using mouse in game is also disabled
- Chain lightning may now chain on player
- Changed behaviour and skills of boss
- Boss monster may now select any of his skills and perform them in one turn
- Boss's AOE skills are reduced to single missile that deals damage in 2x2 area
- Smoother fog of war and line of sight effect
- New player animations
- Teleport animation
- Damage indicators now properly disappear in arrival order after 2 seconds
- The game is now licensed under GNU GPL
- Refactored the game engine design to be entity-system based (instead of OO)